McClintock for Iowa encourages everyone to vote. Did you know you can request a “vote-by-mail” absentee ballot for the Primary Election?
Election Services will soon be mailing request forms to each active voter household in the county. Voter request forms are also available online.
Are you registered to vote?
Eligible voters can also register to vote in person by going to:
- The Linn County Auditors Website
- A drivers license facility. You can register to vote when you obtain or renew your drivers license or state identification card at any of the license facilities.
- In-person at state agency's offering services to the public.
When to re-register
Your registration is permanent unless you move or change your name.
Moved or Address changes
If you have moved within Linn County, then you may report your voter registration changes at the polling location for the address where you live on election day. You will be asked for identification AND proof that has your name and current address.
The following forms of identification are accepted:
- Iowa Driver's License (not expired more than 90 days)
- Iowa Non-driver Identification card (not expired more than 90 days)
- U.S. Passport/Card
- U.S. Military ID
- Veteran ID Card
- Iowa Voter Identification Card (must be signed)
You must update your voter registration if you:
- Change your address
- Change your name
- Change your party affiliation
The two easiest and convenient methods of updating your voter registration are:
Online through the Iowa Department of Transportation Online Service website. An Iowa Driver's license or non-operator ID is required to register in this manner, or
Where do I vote?
On Election Day, you will cast your ballot in a polling place, usually in a public building near your home, that serves as a polling place.
You can also call the Linn County Auditors office for help.